Discussion on Adding Community Position and budget

With the rapid growth of the business, SpringX (https://www.springx.net/), the initiative of BuidlerDAO has undergone several iterations—from the first cohort as a Mandarin-based accelerator, to the second phase in partnership with Aptos, the third phase with a long-term collaboration with Solana, and now the upcoming CUBE Summit (https://cubesummit.xyz/) in the US. The current team is no longer sufficient to support the multi-track development, which has led to the discussion of adding new positions and recruiting talent. The plan is to hire 5 full-time employees and some part-time/interns, with a total budget of $16K. Since exact salaries are sensitive, only a general range will be provided. The positions include:

1. Overall Coordinator
  2. Accelerator Operations x2
  3. Community Operations x1
  4. BD & Marketing x1
  5. Several internship/Part-time roles (advisory in Project selection, PR, BD, Deep incubation, etc.)

The total funding of $16,000 is within a reasonable budget. SpringX Accelerator is currently BuidlerDAO’s core business, requiring the team to keep up all the way through, with heavy staffing requirements and a high input/output ratio. With Solana Accelerator and Cube Summit running at the same time recently, the workload has doubled compared to the past, and there is an urgent need to add more staff!

1 Like

It is apparant the business is rapidly developing. With SpringX as the core business and the upcoming CUBE Summit in US, the workload is and will be doubled or tripled. I agree with the proposal of recruiting more full-time and part-time/interns to help with the development of these core business. And I believe the budget $16K is reasonable by benchmarking with the salary level in the market. Looking forward to the successful completion of these crucial projects/events and a prosperous future of the community.

1 Like

Solana Accelerator and CUBE are in full swing, and looking forward to having more great people join. By the way, is it possible for everyone to receive USDT through a BRP distribution?

1 Like

It’s not suitable. If we were to use BRP to pay full-time salaries (for example, 3k, which may require 1.5k BRP based on the exchange rate), it would lead to a large release of BRP, causing significant dilution of future token earnings for other community members.

I think this is a fare pay for the community full-time members, no exception on this.

Btw, I think it would be better that the members can keep DAO members updated with their recent works so that the information can be more transparent.

1 Like