BIP - 032: Expense on Monthly Salary for new Full Time Community and SpringX Contributors

BIP - 032: Expense on Monthly Salary for new Full Time Community Contributors

Proposal Source: Discussion on Adding Community Position and budget

Summary

With the rapid growth of the business, SpringX (https://www.springx.net/ 1), the initiative of BuidlerDAO has undergone several iterations—from the first cohort as a Mandarin-based accelerator, to the second phase in partnership with Aptos, the third phase with a long-term collaboration with Solana, and now the upcoming CUBE Summit (https://cubesummit.xyz/) in the US. The current team is no longer sufficient to support the multi-track development, which has led to the discussion of adding new positions and recruiting talent. The plan is to hire 5 full-time employees and some part-time/interns, with a total budget of $16K each month. The positions includes the following:

1. Overall Coordinator
  2. Accelerator Operations x2
  3. Community Operations x1
  4. BD & Marketing x1
  5. Several internship/Part-time roles (advisory in Project selection, PR, BD, Deep incubation, etc.)

Background

As our DAO’s accelerator (SpringX) is growth and successing in a fast pace, and some of our former full time contributors have resigned, we have recruited some new full time contributors to better run our DAO and SpringX Accelerator. This proposal is to apply for the budget on the monthly income for these full time contributors.

Main Content

We will hire 5 full-time contributors and some part-time/interns, with a total budget of $16K each month. The positions include the following:

1. Overall Coordinator
  2. Accelerator Operations x2
  3. Community Operations x1
  4. BD & Marketing x1
  5. Several internship/Part-time roles (advisory in Project selection, PR, BD, Deep incubation, etc.)

Financial Impact

After this proposal is approved, the DAO’s treasury will spend $16,000 each month to pay the salaries of these full-time employees.

Result Measurement

We will evaluate the contributions of these full-time employees using multiple dimensions and peer reviews. We anticipate that by implementing SpringX, we will achieve significantly higher returns (which we have already realized!).

Next Steps

If this proposal is approved by the community-wide Citizen vote, the DAO’s treasury will spend $16,000 each month to pay the salaries of these full-time employees, the approval from multi-sig will be required for the transaction.

Voting Instructions

Based on the statistics of the on-chain public addresses (Buidler Reputation (BRP) Token Tracker | PolygonScan), there are currently 379 $BRP holders, 111 Citizens and above, with a total voting power of 58,363**.**4 $BRP.

Voting Approval Standards:

1. Minimum number of voters for a single vote: 20% of Citizens and above (more than 23 people).
  2. Minimum reputation for a single vote: 20% of the total reputation of Citizens and above (more than 11672.68 $BRP in voting power).
  3. Single vote approval rate: 60%.

I support this proposal. We need more talent to support SpringX’s growth in the Asia-Pacific region and the expansion of CUBE in Europe and North America.

I agree to expand the BuidlerDAO core contributor team by enhancing incentives.

I supported the previous proposal of hiring full time employees for the fast development of the community and crucial projects. Therefore, I also second the expense on monthly salary. Go BuidlerDAO!

I agree to expand the BuidlerDAO core contributor team by enhancing incentives.

I support this proposal.